There’s nothing quite like coming home to the smell of cookies baking in the oven, but it gets even better during the holidays! When the scent of gingerbread welcomes you home, whether it’s the real deal, fresh from the oven or from one of our bio-creation’s gingerbread candles, it invokes wonderful memories of bright, sparkling Christmas days and warm, cozy nights. Our gingerbread candles inspired us to bake this delicious gluten-free gingerbread treat. We hope you enjoy it and have a very happy holiday!
- 1 2/3 cups All-purpose Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- ½ cup molasses
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup boiling water
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Position the rack in the center of the oven.
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Place flour, xanthan gum, baking soda cinnamon, ginger and salt in a large bowl of electric mixer and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Add egg, molasses and sugar and mix until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour oil and boiling water over the batter and mix until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in center of oven for 35 minutes or until top springs back when gently pressed or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool gingerbread on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Loosen all sides with a knife if needed and invert the cake onto a rack.
- Cool until warm or room temperature.
- Sift confectioner’s sugar over cake and serve!